I am asking that our employees practice the 5 C’s in abundance.
- CAUTION – Practice the CDC recommendations on handwashing, covering coughs and sneezes, staying home if sick, don’t touch face, mouth, nose, eyes with your hands, avoid crowds as much as is possible, use hand sanitizers, or wipes.
- COMMON SENSE – Protect yourself, your family, and your co-workers, while at work. Don’ give in to panic, or believe every rumor, or social media “post”.
- COURAGE – Practice the courage to stay home when sick, and to come to work when you’re not sick. Have the courage to communicate, rather than blame.
- COURTESY- Practice the “golden rule” every day. Protect others as well as yourself. Cover those coughs and sneezes.
- COMPASSION – Show compassion and understanding – If someone is coughing, it could be allergies, dust, or a mis-swallow of water. Don’t judge others, offer compassion instead.
Those are my tips. This disease should not be taken lightly, but neither should it be a cause of panic, public shaming, or hoarding.
Be kind to one another, and be careful out there.
Feel free to post this or share it.
Salt Lake City Area Local 6